ONCE UPON A TIME, I used to give airbrush spray tans. I got certified and did It at the salon I managed back in the day, about 4 years ago now. I managed a tanning salon and literally I swear thats why I’m a FREAK about SPF. I saw all the customers that would come in frequently that looked very leathery, spotty skin, sun spots, and lots of wrinkles.
So I became a frequent spray tanner and have loved it ever since! Once I got pregnant, I stopped doing them because I honestly didn’t want to breath in the spray AND literally wanted to vomit from the smell. Plus who wants to bend over that much when pregnant haha.
When you get a spray tan, and it starts to spot off funny on your skin.. you think.. WTF? I paid 30+ for this.. why would it be doing this! And sometimes its just your skin needing a break from all the sprays, but most times it’s just putting the wrong things on our skin, not prepping right, or not taking care of it properly.
With that story, I’m here to tell you, I know all the little secrets to keeping that spray tan lasting longer. So here we go!
SCROLL DOWN TO READ MY 4 SECRET TIPS TO KEEP YOUR SPRAY TAN LASTING LONGER….
HOW TO PREP YOUR SKIN. I’ve shared a lot of my secrets in my SPRAY TANNING TIPS POST, but I want to do one to share how to keep the dang spray because we all hate spotty skin.
- EXFOLIATE. But not just with a loofa, I’m talking about getting really in there and scrubbing with the MIO BRUSH. This brush is life, it’ll get all the dead skin off, so you can have a nice fresh layer of skin to spray on. Start at the legs and brush upward. This will make it last longer because you won’t have any skin to shed for a while.
- NO BATHS. Sorry my frequent bathers. No bubble baths , hot tubs and yes, unfortunately, no pools. So yes, they do come off earlier in the summer, but that will bring me to another tip. All of these things will strip the tan off. Showering is perf, of course, please shower.
- APPLY LOTION 2-3X A DAY. Not just any lotion, lotion with NO ALCOHOL. Why? Because any sort of alcohol is going to strip the tan and make it so you start to look like a damn leopard. No one wants that. Heres a list of some lotions with out.
- APPLY SUNSCREEN BEFORE DIPPING IN THE POOL. CAKE on that sunscreen all over your body before dipping in the pool. This will help protect the tan and keep it on a little bit longer. The plus side to this, you should always wear sunscreen! Healthier skin and no sun spots!
- WEAR LOSE BAGGY DARK CLOTHING. Be prepared to get dressed into something more lose. Lose the bra and don’t wear white! So, I definitely don’t wear this romper to get spray tans haha. You’ll be sticky for a good 2 hours after, so you’ll want to be super comfortable. I love wearing my black jumpsuit, black maxi in the summer, or darker sweats with my mom boobs very VERY hidden ha. But don’t wear a bra. It’ll leave ugly lines.
Do you guys have any secrets to share to keep yours lasting longer!? Please do share!
Thanks for reading through!