Oaks and I do this every year! Ever since he was born we get in our PJ’s and take photos by our Christmas tree. Remember LAST YEARS? He was so tiny…! As you can tell we love Christmas! It’s been so fun this year with Oaks. Christmas seems so magical now. We’ve been doing a lot of fun activities that I want to share with you guys, so you can do them too! Here are my 5 top things that we’ve both loved doing together. Oaks may be to small for some, but he loved watching me do it haha.
- GINGERBREAD HOUSE MAKING. He mostly loved eating the frosting off of these, lets be honest! I love the Costco gingerbread houses, or these off amazon.
- PAINT ORNAMENTS. Paint wooden ornaments to hang in their room, tree or fireplace! I love THIS ONE & HERE.
- CREATE ORNAMENTS. Color with marker on ornaments like these ones HERE, or create fun foam ornaments like these ones HERE off of amazon. There is still time to order! If you don’t have the time, head to your local craft store. They have all the goodies there for kids.
- CHRISTMAS MOVIES + HOT COCOA. Watch your favorite christmas movie with hot cocoa & candy canes. I make Oaks just luke warm, and he likes to dip his candy cane in it haha. We love the Polar Express, Elf and The Grinch. Those are his top 3 on repeat at our house.
- SUGAR COOKIE MAKING. Oaks loves putting the cookie cutters into the dough the most! Then we frost them and put sprinkles on top. If you want to get really into it, use THIS to frost them with. Ours are very sloppy, but with a 2 year old thats how it rolls!
What are some of your favorite Christmas activities your kids love doing? Please share with us!
Have a good day!