Since day 1 of getting pregnant, I broke out all over my chin, neck and chest. Since retinol and Alpha Beta Peel pads are my number 1 go to for break outs, those unfortunately cannot be used when pregnant, well, they aren’t recommended I should say. There hasn’t been enough studies to say they aren’t safe, but I don’t even want to chance putting chemicals on my body that aren’t safe for my little baby girl.
So my esthetician at Spa Trouve recommend I try these products that are specifically formulated for hormonal acne breakouts, AND the best part? All safe for pregnancy! Here they’re!
- MANDELIC ACID SERUM. Whats in it? .
- Mandelic Acid: A naturally derived extract of bitter almonds. Particularly effective in targeting acne, age spots, discoloration, and wrinkles while minimizing irritation. A natural skin lightener.
- Latic Acid: Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) derived from fermented milk. Gentler than other AHAs.
- Benzoyl peroxide is an excellent ingredient to combat blemishes and is considered safe in low concentrations (5% or less) when you are pregnant. You can also consider using glycolic acid or lactic acid (AHA) exfoliants as an alternative during your pregnancy.
- MANDELIC ACID TONER. Whats in it? It brightens skin, fades discolorations, fades melasma, evens out skintone, clears acne, treats razor bumps, controls oily skin, dissolves black & whiteheads and refines pores. It contains a triple blend ofmandelic, malic and phytic acids, with active botanicals Green Tea and Aloe Vera to rebalance your skin’s pH. So in conjuction with using the serum, its like a powerhouse of amazing ingredients to increase the benefits of results!
So I want to quickly share my new skincare routine with you as of recently. I have an in depth post about my SKINCARE ROUTINE. But I don’t use all of those right now since I’m pregnant, its changed. So for those of you not pregnant, go check that out!
I’ve been using mandelic acid for over a month now, and have only had 1 zit since! I’m totally clear. What I get asked a lot is if it drys you out. Its a little drying on me I’ve noticed, but nothing to where I feel like my skin is about to flake. I use a good moisturizer to lock in it and it’s fine!
- First I cleanse with Elta Md Cleanser and massage into my face for a minute. Rinse and then
- Use a few pumps of Mandelic Acid Toner and apply all over face and neck. All the way down to the boobs. Your face, neck and chest are all so important!
- Once thats dry, I use Dr Dennis Gross Vitamin C Collagen Serum. I apply 3 pumps on my face, neck and chest. This truly brightens and tightens the skin!
- Then I apply my Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Exfoliating Moisturizer. I apply all over face, neck and chest. This is almost like applying silk to your face that makes your skin so smooth. Like a babies bottom, For real though.
- Elta UV Clear Sunscreen with tint. I’ve been preaching this sunscreen for so long. It’s hands down my favorite and super safe when pregnant. I apply all over my face, neck, chest and hands. Wearing sunscreen everyday is the best thing you can do for your skin! You’ll notice less fine lines, an dark spots from the sun. I don’t care if It’s cloudy or snowing outside, it goes on every day!
- First I cleanse with Elta Md Cleanser and massage into my face for a minute. Rinse
- Apply 1/2 syringe of Mandelic Acid Serum on my face, neck, and chest.
- Then I apply Dr Dennis Gross C+ Deep Collagen Cream . I apply this on my face, neck and chest. This is such a great product for dull dry skin that you want to hydrate and brighten up! A little bit goes a long way, trust me!
- Then I apply a small amount of Dr Dennis Gross C+ Collagen Eye Cream. I’ll dap a little bit around my eyes. I really love his C+ Collagen line. It has brighten up my skin and made it feel so much firmer. I need this eye cream to look awake in the morning! It’s a life savor and helps with those fine lines around the eyes. Mine have diminished using this consistently over the last year.
- And of course my beloved Organic Rose Hip Oil. Make sure its pure and unrefined. If there are things added you will likely breakout. I’ve learned this the hard way. The one I linked is great! This is the magic potion. It’s so inexpensive and really helps hydrate, brighten, smooth at fine lines and keep skin look fresh, plus a major plus it helps balance the skin so you don’t have breakouts! I use a few pumps all over my face, neck and chest and I’ll rub extra on my hands and baby belly.
Hope you have a good day! Let me know if you have any questions about this post.