The stretching skin when you’re pregnant needs some extra tender love and care. But what if we don’t want to spend $30-$40 on a bottle of cream thats only going to last us a month?? I know I don’t. Quite honestly I was a little sick of spending that on it. I used one with Oaks and only got a little stretch mark on my boob, so I automatically bought it when I got pregnant with this one, because well, I didn’t get stretch marks. Not saying any cream isn’t helpful at all, but I started to wonder if I could just create one myself that would be beneficial and a lot less expensive. So I did just that. I looked up the best oils and such for stretch marks and here is what I got.
- COCONUT OIL.
- Helps prevent stretch marks from its antioxidant properties.
- It an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin
- It delays wrinkles and skin sagging
- It can help treat skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema
- Coconut oil also helps prevent premature aging and degenerative diseases due to its antioxidant properties
- OLIVE OIL.
- Olive oil contains a lot of nutrients and antioxidants that help improve various skin problems including stretch marks. Massage slightly warm extra-virgin olive oil into the affected skin area. This will improve the blood circulation and reduce the stretch marks to a great extent
- It’s packed with healthy fats and antioxidants, olive oil is an awesome nourishing and moisturizing agent for your skin.
3. ROSE HIP OIL.
- Rosehip oil treats UV damage with antioxidants which fight free radicals responsible for photo aging.
- Fatty acids, along with Vitamin A, improve skin texture, tone, reduce pigmentation, helps to improve the appearance of burns, scars, wrinkles and stretch marks.
- I use this on my face daily and have shared why I love it so much in THIS POST.
- BEESWAX. This is added so that all the oils can do their magic and work to penetrate into your skin, so they’re all absorbed properly. It forms a protective wall by sealing in moisture in our skin without smothering and clogging up the pores
WHAT YOU NEED.
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Beeswax
- 3-4 tbsp Rose Hip Oil
- 1 mason jar
- Add everything to a small pot a bring to boil. Stir all ingredients together once they start to dissolve. Then just wait until its pure oil.
- BE CAREFUL. It’s very hot. Keep on the back burner if you have small children or animals. THIS IS HOT OIL.
- With a funnel, pour the oil slowly into the mason jar. Then let it sit and cool down and dry up, keeping it out of reach of small children.
- Once its done and the consistency becomes a butter, you’re free to start using!
- I waited 5 hours before using mine.
AND VUUUAAALLLAAA. There you have it. This will literally last you your entire pregnancy. I’ve been applying all over my belly, love handles, boobs and back of legs. If you currently have stretch marks, do this twice a day on those areas. I just use this every night before I go to bed, but you can really use whenever you would like!