LETS TALK EAR PIERCINGS..
So as you know, from my IG stories I got 3 new piercings on 1 ear for my birthday back in December. I got my third piercing on my right ear, then I got 2 Helix piercings. One on my top right ear, and then one below it. Holy shit, was I not prepared for that pain! It definitely burned like a SOB. I got all 3 on the same day. Now, I’ll walk you through what you need to do to take care of them and what you shouldn’t do when getting them done.
WHAT TO EXPECT.
- It’s going to hurt for months. It’s been 4 months and mine are still tender to touch. Definitely have gotten tons better and aren’t swollen anymore.
- You can’t sleep on that ear for a good 2 months. I still try not to sleep on mine. I can more than I did even a month ago. The more you sleep on them, the more likely your chances of getting infected.
- YOU MUST I mean MUST clean it 2x a day. With saline water. I use contact solution and a qtip. If you don’t, you WILL get infected really quick. I know this because I did! My helix piercings have been infected 3x now because I stopped cleaning them because I thought they were good. Even if they’re good, keep cleaning them.
- They’ll be swollen for a couple months.
- Can’t go under water for 6 weeks. So I wouldn’t get them in the summer!
Okay, now do you want to get them? Haha. But no, they’re SO beyond worth it! I’m so glad I went through with it. I love them!
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE.
- You always look put together! I feel like these piercings have added so much personality to my outfits. I can tuck my hair behind my ear and it looks so cute with them popping out.
- It’ll give you a reason to get cute jewelry!
- I love anything dainty! If you haven’t noticed, I’m not that big into jewelry. I do love little dainty jewelry though, so I feel like this is perfect.
- You can always have them in! I never take mine out. I do to clean them and thats it.
- You’ll always have these fun piercings to play around with and find new ways to add in fun jewelry.
JEWELRY I HAVE IN
Have a great day!