CELERY JUICE! This is the most common question I get asked on so I figured why not throw a post together about it once and for all. It’s so simple to make, but it doesn’t seem that way. When you think juice you think you automatically have to have a juicer to do this. This is incorrect! I use my BLENDTEC. Any blender is fine, but the blendtec is bomb and better than anything I’v ever used. I had my previous blentec for 15 years and it was solid for me and worked like a gem. So it’s totally worth the investment.
Anyways, lets get right into it. I don’t own a juicer so I can’t give any directions on that, this is for blending only.
HOW TO MAKE FOR 1…. YOU NEED
- Fill your blender with 1-1/2 cups water. Wash 7 celery stalks, break in half and toss in blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Place strainer over a large cup and pour in slowly letting the juice run through. Empty out pieces in sink and repeat.
- TIP: you can push down with your fingers to squeeze out more juice when it isn’t coming out quick enough. Helps speed up the process. But obviously make sure those hands are clean clean clean.. especially with these colds floating around every where!
Thats it! I do this on an empty stomach 80% of my mornings, it was every morning before I got pregnant, but once I was sick I had to eat the moment I woke up and making that just sounded awful to me, plus couldn’t stomach it. Once I hit 17 weeks I was back making it again, but now its honestly been a couple weeks due to traveling and holidays, so clearly I’m not perfect with it. But when I do drink it I feel so good! I don’t usually turn on my blender when Oaks is asleep still, so I’ll have my coffee first before the juice. I stopped coffee as well, and turned to zipp fizz for my caffeine intake everyday. Coffee was giving me heartburn!
WHAT I’VE NOTICED.
- Right when I drink it I feel instantly cleansed if you know what I mean… seriously feels so good and refreshing!
- Never have heartburn when I’m consistently drinking it every morning.
- I notice my choices are a lot healthier when I start my day out drinking that. It’s usually non negotiable when It comes to healthy eating period, but since becoming pregnant things have definitely altered. You’re just a different person when pregnant. But starting the day with that for sure helps me chose more wisely and find alternatives for cravings.
- Have more energy and just feel all around good. Thats the thing about it all for me, when I feel good I do better, so having this drink has been a huge part of that.
I know this is so trendy to drink celery juice in the mornings, but it’s really worth trying! It’s definitely what they say it is. I got turned on by it from THIS POST by the Medical Medium. That man is genius.
Celery juice has been known to reverse inflammation. Also helps with autoimmune diseases. What I loved in the article…
“Celery juice is teeming with powerful anti-inflammatory properties. This means it’s highly beneficial for people who suffer from chronic and mystery illnesses, including conditions labeled “autoimmune.” Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), fibromyalgia, myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), Lyme disease, migraines, vertigo, celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diabetes, psoriasis, eczema, acne, lupus, Guillain-Barré syndrome, sarcoidosis, Raynaud’s syndrome, Ménière’s disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gout, bursitis, bloating, intestinal cramping, distention, acid reflux, vertigo, constipation, restless leg syndrome, tingles, numbness—all of these symptoms and illnesses are mysteries to medical communities, even though they have names. Their true causes are not yet known by medical research and science.”
Go read the article if you’re interested in learning more, but that totally spiked my interest!
MY ROBE is the best! I wear it every morning.
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!