I’m all about creating things that will last a lifetime within our traditions through the Holidays. Each year I try a couple of new Holiday recipes to see what sticks and the whole family has loved this Peppermint Bark Ice Cream Float! Oaks loved creating it with me and it was so easy to make. We enjoyed it by our fire and got cozy!
I added whipped cream and crushed candy canes on top, and then a full candy cane to garnish! Super easy and perfect for Holiday parties, or just for when you want to cozy up at home and watch Christmas movies!
I know that I’m getting the best with Haggen-Dazs and that I can always count on their quality. This Peppermint Bark Ice Cream is a limited-edition flavor, so make sure you go try it out! You can buy this at your local Walmart, or add it to your next Online Pickup & Delivery order HERE! Earn additional savings when you use this great Ibotta offer too!
*This post is sponsored by Froneri/Nestlé but all opinions are my own*
Man, I’ve never experienced cystic acne this bad in my entire life. Once I stopped nursing, it started to flare up so fast. All over my forehead, then my chin then in my nose, on my cheeks. This led me to being so self conscious that I caked on the make up (which I hate doing)
I’m extremely grateful for Renee whose a medical esthetician for Dr Dennis Gross who helped me with this and put me on a regimen that I’ve been following faithfully since August. Remember the IG LIVE I did with her back in July? Yeah she’s amazing!
Now, there are a lot of steps, and I’m super aware of that, but I wanted to give you in detail what I’ve been doing! Then share some takeaways, like what products to really invest in and what are an added bonus. When I talked to Renee she said that you have to do what works for you. If your skin is reacting to something and it’s supposed to do wonders, stop using it. If someone tells you a product is bad, but your skin is doing awesome with it, keep using it.
A huge takeaway from my IG LIVE I did with Renee was she said when you start using a new product, make sure to take a before photo, and then 30 days later take and after photo and see if you see any slight changes. You don’t want to be using an expensive product that isn’t doing it for you. And it’s hard for us to see results when we look at our skin every single day.
Below are my before and afters. The first was taken at the highest point of a flare up! Which was back in May/June. I then got my regimen in in July, and faithfully started using it in August. I drinks tons of water, no dairy, meditate everyday, feel pretty well adjusted. So I made sure that al those things were aligned and that just wasn’t helping in any way. I still would love to go get my hormones checked because I feel like everyone should after they have a baby, just to see where you’re at.
NO FILTERS. I still have flare ups here and there, but they’re very mild and usually only one at a time, but my skin looks so much more alive, brighter, plumper and happier.
With that said, I go in every 4-6 weeks to Spa Trouve and get Hydrafacials and dermaplaning done on top of that, that I believe helps a lot as well, just to shed off all the unwanted skin.
Again, this regimen I’m about to share isn’t designed for everyone, just wanted to share what worked with me and you can take from this what you want! Hoping to help anyone going through something like this. Because it’s narley and not fun to go through. So here we go, starting with the morning routine. I’m not perfect everyday, but I really try and do all of the things 95% of the time.
2. Dr Dennis Gross Spectra facepro light for 3 minutes: It’s a FDA approved facial light. A combination of 100 LED red lights and 62 LED blue lights work together to smooth the look of wrinkles, give skin a firmer appearance, diminish discoloration, and diminish the look of blemishes for a flawless, youthful complexion. Choose from three treatment options: red light therapy, blue light therapy, and red and blue light therapy. LED red lights support the natural production of collagen and elastin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, sun spots, sun damage, and redness while LED blue lights target bacteria and prevent future breakouts. Together, dual LED red and blue lights target the look of wrinkles and blemishes at the same time. I do both red and blue at the same time.
3. Peel: Dr Dennis Gross Peel Pads: I use step 1 first and wipe all over face and neck, then wipe two minutes and apply the second layer. I’ve raved about these before and they’re life changing! I alternate between extra strength and the gentle peels everyday. The gentle peels are safe to use nursing or pregnant.
4. Hyaluronic Hydration Booster Serum: 1/2 a syringe all over, SO hydrating. This is the best serum to use under make up. There is nothing worse than applying serum and then when you go to apply your make up it crumbles underneath because the product was too thick. This is just super light and more watery than anything. Apply on face! Put syringe on your forehead and catch with your hand so it doesn’t drip down, verses putting it in your hand first. This will help you not waist any product.
5. Hyaluronic Oil Free Moisturizer: If you’re acne prone, you need this moisturizer! If not, use an oil free moisturizer. Renee explained to me the importance of that. Because if you’re using an oil base one everyday, it could be clogging your pores even more to those who are sensitive to breakouts, I know I am.
2. Dr Dennis Gross Pro Facial Steamer: This one is super indulgent and its truly heaven. Especially when you can do it while the kids bathe right now to you. It feels so good and really helps open up your pores, so once you go to apply your nightly products, they will actually absorb into your skin better, giving you the full benefits of them. No waisted product!
3. Feurlic + Retinol Eye Serum: Holy mother. This is a must must have eye serum. I’ve never actually usd an eye serum and loved it… my thoughts every time I use an eye serum is… is this even workings… BUT THIS. It’s crazy the results it gives you. I don’t have crazy crows feet to begin with but its helped me look more awake and brightened up the eye area. You dap it under your eye and then ON your eye lids. This is the only one you can put on your eye lids! If you have major crows feet, get this guy. Also, dark circles… TRY IT! Worth the splurge.
HOT TIPS: pump the product into hand and dap all areas of your face and try not to rub so much, gently tap your face almost as if you’re pressing it into your skin, verses rubbing it all over. That way it fully gets on your face and all areas, no waisted product!
Okay, I know this is SUPER excessive and indulgent, and an investment, but I’m an extra type girl when it comes to my skin. You wear it ALL OF THE TIME. Yeah, shoes are great, couches are cool, BUT skincare. You wear your skin with you at all times. Thats the one thing I will always splurge on. I want to be able to wake up feeling good and not feeling like I have to cake on the make up. When you have great skin, you don’t need to buy a bunch of make up to cover it up. It really starts with great skin. Everything else is a bonus!
If you’re the girl on a budget, try starting with one product! If I were you, I would put the Spectra face mask on your list for Christmas or birthday. That will last forever! You won’t have to buy again. Next product I’d recommend is the peel pads. Those are the two I would for sure splurge on.
Bottom line, do what works for you! Make sure to take before pictures, before applying new product! Then 30 days later, take another photo and see if you can see any difference. If you don’t see any difference, don’t use it! I gave myself about 2 months with all of these products and they’ve transformed my skin, as you can see above.