I love a treat, but I l0ve a homemade treat that I know whats actually in it and was made in my own home! I love a healthy treat thats packed with protein, and no refined sugars!
I’ve made countless recipes with PBFIT and I love it because you get the peanut butter taste without all the fat AND it has more protein per serving. I love making treats with PBFIT. If this isn’t a staple in your home, what are you doing with your life?
WHAT YOU NEED
-1/2 cup Peanut Butter (I like simple truth or fresh grind from smiths)
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 3 tablespoons Super Seed Mix
- 1/2 cup PBFit
- 1/3 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place peanut butter, coconut oil and honey in a small bowl. Melt in microwave for about 30 seconds, OR over stove top and heat up until coconut oil is melted.
- Mix up oats, protein powder, super seed mix, PBFit in a bowl.
- Add peanut butter coconut oil mix to the dry mix and mix together. It will be a little dry, but feel free to add a little water or honey to it. The consistency of it is more flakey, but It’s meant to be pressed down into bars, so it will mold into bars once pressed down.
- Once mixed through press the mixture onto the pan pressing firmly down to ensure that it doesn’t break apart. If you have to do 1/2 pan so it’s thicker you can do that too. I like them about 1/2 inch thick.
- Then add your chocolate chips evenly all over and press them into the mixture. I like to do this rather than adding them in, so they’re evenly placed all over.
- Place in the freezer for an hour and leave them in there 30 minutes before eating. Take them out let them unthaw a bit before cutting. As you can see, they aren’t perfect little squares, it’s more like bark looking.
TIPS: Store them in your fridge for up to 1 week. Don’t leave them out, otherwise they will be flakey. You can also leave them in the freezer, which I do because I like them to stay harder. But if you like them a little more soft then leave them in the freezer.
If you like these, you will my also love the Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Balls I created with Better Body Foods and PBFit products!
Like I’ve said before, Better Body Foods is my number one go to for all things baking and cooking. All real ingredients, nothing hidden, you know what you’re getting! I strive to keep all the ingredients real at my house for my family.
You must know, there is a giveaway going on over on my instagram account @lovebylynn! One of you will win a month supply of PBFit, there are so many things you can use this powder with! It’s lower in fat than your regular peanut butter, but you’re still getting the full taste, PLUS its high in protein!
It’s a piece of cake to enter in!