This dish is possibly the EASIEST thing to meal prep. I don’t know why I haven’t done this sooner. I used to think meal prepping was pointless since I worked from home, but just meal prepping this lunch has been a GAME CHANGER and I want to share it with you. The no dishes at lunch time just cuts my time in half do either play with the kids or get some work done. I doubled this batch for both my husband and I. Enough for 4 days.
(MAKES 4-5 SERVINGS)
so double this if you want to make for your partner or kids too. Its delicious turkey. Oaks loves it.
- 16oz lean Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 tbsp Organic Garlic (I use the jar)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
-1/4 cup Honey
-1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
-3 tbsp Liquid Aminos
SIDES & TOPPINGS
-1 cup Dry Quinoa
-1/2 cup chopped green onions
-2 cups steamed broccoli
Cholula Sauce & everything but the bagel seasoning
- Cook quinoa according to package. I use the Aroma Pot. Add 1 cup dry mix then 2 cups water and hit the quinoa button and it’ll beep when done. If you don’t have one you can use a saucepan and cook over the stove the same way. Just cover it. I also steam my broccoli on the tray on top, if you don’t have it then the other option is to boil your broccoli, or you can sautee it with a little oil and cook for about 20 minutes over stove top.
- Heat up olive oil over pan over medium heat. Then add garlic and sautee for about 2 minutes. Then add your ground turkey and cook until done. About 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add honey, sesame oil and aminos to a small bowl. Once ground turkey is cooked through, add in the sauce mixture and let simmer for a couple minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in container.
- Chop up your green onions.
- Get a 1/2 cup out and scoop up 1/2 cup ground turkey mixture and place in the MEAL PREP CONTAINER. These are reusable and I highly recommend them. If not, I love these glass containers and you can just add all the ground turkey in them.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of quinoa in meal prep container.
- Add green onions to top of turkey.
- Place enough to fill the cup with your broccoli.
Then when you go to heat it up, add in the bagel seasoning and cholulua sauce over the quinoa and broccoli. I also like to scoop the quinoa over into the ground turkey when I go to eat it.
HOT TIP: plan on using 2 pans for each serving. If you double it of course. It took me about 2 hours total to do all of this. One mess and done! So nice to have your meals ready for the week. It sets you up for a good healthy week. I feel like it gives me momentum to make healthier choices too.
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂