Okay- I made this recipe up a couple weeks ago, but I didn’t want to share it until I perfected it! I’ve made them probably 10 times, so I’ve got it down and know all the tricks. If you’re a peppermint dark chocolate lover, you will DIE over these. I can’t and won’t give up my dark chocolate, and it’s so unrealistic to say you can’t eat something. I like to say “Im eliminating this for this” so I’m eliminating other bad treats for my own homemade protein treats!
Okay, so I love creating things like this and its not to often that I do. I got my inspiration from the Chocolate Protein Truffles I made last year. So I’m all about the treats in moderation! So here we go. Scroll down for the recipe. BTW these are Vegan, dairy free and gluten free.
MAKES 9 TRUFFLES
- 1 SCOOP PLANT BASED VANILLA PROTEIN (I love vega one powder)
- 2 TSP BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK
- 4 DROPS VANILLA CREME STEVIA
- 3 TBSP COCONUT FLOUR
- 1/2 TBSP COCONUT OIL
- Mix protein powder, brown sugar, almond milk, stevia and coconut flour in a medium size bowl until smoothed out.
- Take a small spoon full and mash together, then form into a ball, and roll and smooth it into about 1 inch size ball. To roll it into a ball, you’ll take both hands and move in circles to roll it and smooth out. Don’t press to hard while rolling. Make sure it sticks together before placing it down.
- Once done with add 3 tbsp chocolate chips and 1/2 tbsp coconut oil to a small bowl. Heat up on your stove top on medium heat. Don’t leave it sitting there. Make sure to watch it and stir the entire time, so you don’t burn it to the bottom of the pan. OR heat up in the microwave for 2 mins, longer if needed.
- Grab a ziplock bag, and open the candy cane and place the candy cane in the bag. Then close it and smash the candy cane into tiny pieces with a muddler… or your foot, cup haha whatever works, just mash it up!
- Once its nice and melted. Roll each truffle into the chocolate mix and then place in a tupperware container to fit all.
- Then sprinkle the peppermint flakes on top of each truffle and place in the fridge for 20 minutes before eating.
- Store in the fridge and eat within 3-5 days
MACROS PER TRUFFLE/ CALS: 55 / PROTEIN: 3 / FAT: 3 / CARBS: 6
It’s the perfect little treat to help you feel satisfied and not reach to much for all the holiday treats! I always tell myself! Let me know how you guys like this post! Hope you love them as much as me!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! ENJOY YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES AND LIVE IN THE MOMENT!