If you guys follow me on snapchat & IG stories, you know that I don’t make any excuses when it comes to getting movement in everyday. I also like to switch up my routine, so I don’t get bored. There are plenty of ways to get your exercise in without having to be in a gym. Every time we think working out, we automatically think gym. At least I used to think like that. Having Oaks has definitely broadened my horizon & pushed me to get creative.
- LOOK AT YOUR ENVIRONMENT. Work with what you got. If you can work in 30 minutes to the gym, then great. If your husband works out of town & your babysitting options are not happening, then include them. Work out in your backyard, living room etc. You don’t even need one single weight if you can’t get a couple. 8LB WEIGHTS are $15 on amazon. My body guide can be done anywhere. Those that have it, LOVE IT. ALL you need is a couple weights. I went to the park the other day with Oaks & made that my work out. Took a 10 minute run to the park, ran around with Oaks more. Then between that I found a bench to work out on. Thats really all it takes. Here is what I did.
- 20 TRICEP DIPS
- 20 BOX JUMPS
- 20 V UPS
- (SIT ON THE BENCH, & LIFT LEGS UP LIKE A CRUNCH)
- 20 RIGHT LEG LUNGE (OTHER LEG UP ON THE BENCH)
- 20 LEFT LEG LUNGE
If you want to make it more intense, you can bring some weights and pack them on the bottom of your stroller. SO then after I complete that, I will run back. Really though, there is no excuse not to get a work out in. You have time; You just need to make the time. I know as moms we’re so tired & exhausted, but working out makes me feel a ton better about myself and actually gives me more energy. Don’t make those excuses. If you can’t find the time, take your kids to the park and work out. It’s a WIN WIN. So like I said, just look at your environment and see what you can work with to power through a work out. Honestly even if it’s just 20 minutes. Better than nothing at all!
You can also do my LOVE HIIT BODY GUIDE at the park. OR where you want 🙂
2. MENTALLY PREPARE. Literally tell yourself that you’re going to do it today, and you CAN do it. Get excited & know that if you chip away every single day, you are that much closer to your fitness goals. Just think that everyday that passes that you don’t work out, you are getting further and further away from what you’re wanting. Plus your health should be a priority!
3. REWARD YOURSELF. When I’m really not feeling it that day, I’ll make sure that I have something that is waiting for me after my work out. Such as; one of your healthy favorite treats! Or that yummy lunch you have planned. Mine is my fa 4 smoothie, a LENNYS & LARRYS COOKIE, or a COCONUT MILK LATTE. (btw that post says soy, but I quit soy, so just swap coconut milk in that same recipe) Just something that gets you excited. I know that it pushes me to go even harder.
OR better yet. Think of your cheat meal you’re planning for that week! That helps me a lot! I’m like okay, Fries, fries, rose, rose, cookies, cookies. haha 🙂 you get it.
So bottom line- EXCUSES suck. They make us resist it pushing us back from what we should be doing, and what will improve our lives and make us better. We all make excuses. Find a way, fight the resistance, work with what you got & DO IT.
Have a great day babes & THANK YOU ALL to who entered my giveaway. You guys keep me going. You make it all worth it. Thank you for your support! I appreciate it!