OH, THE STRUGGLE OF BALANCING IT ALL. It’s taken me a while to figure out what works for my little guy and I, and what doesn’t. We’re on a great routine by staying active and healthy. Keeping up with Oaks, working from home, finding the time for date nights, nights out with friends, family time… the list goes on. But before any of those, it’s my FIRST priority to stay active and healthy, so I can keep up with all of life and it’s fun and hard times! It’s a choice of ours to make it a MUST.
I’m finally at a great place in my life, physically, emotionally and mentally. So I wanted to share with you 5 things I do that keep me that way, day in and day out. OH, and you also know that I have to have the cutest gear while doing on the things! Old Navy’s activewear line is on POINT. Fitting, cute, comfortable and MAJOR bonus–affordable 🙂
- WORKING OUT. Must get my work out in first thing in the morning. Sets up my day just right, and gives me energy to stay strong and focused throughout the day. When I do it first thing in the morning, it puts me in that flow state all day, where I just keep getting things done! Click HERE to watch the work outs I do! You can also download LOVE HIIT BODY GUIDE for my daily work outs. And some days, I will just take Oaks to the park, find a bench and do box jumps, high knees, crunches and jump squats!
- AFTER WORK OUT SMOOTHIE. When I start out with a nutritious smoothie, that also sets up my day to stay on track and always reach for the healthy option. I already chose great so why not keep choosing healthy, so you can end your day on a good note. When I do this, I have energy and brain power to focus and keep up with all of the motherhood roles! And another HUGE bonus on the shake is Oaks loves it too. But I add in banana for him.
PROTEIN SHAKE RECIPE
- 1 cup water
- 5 ice cubes
- 2 handfuls of greens (I chose spinach & kale)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 scoop chocolate planet based protein
- BLEND IT UP!
3. PLAY & DANCE WITH OAKS. Guys- don’t take life SO seriously. HAVE FUN with those kiddos. Put on some music & DANCE around, be silly. It makes life so much more enjoyable and it’s so good to interact and have fun with your kids.
Oaks LOVES throwing balls down stairs! It’s his favorite activity. In fact, he loves it so much that we could do it all day long. This is a win win for mama and Oaks because he has fun, while I am running up the stairs, leaning over to pick up the ball etc… It’s a work out!
4. GIRLS NIGHT/MAMA TIME. OH my goodness, you don’t think you need a girls night out, until you’ve had one. It’s nice to go and relax and talk about what girls talk about, without any distractions. I find this so theraputic. Once I am home, I miss my baby and ready to play and live in the moment with him without feeling so overwhelmed and frustrated. What I always say is, you gotta take care of YOU in order to take care of them.
5. SOCIAL MEDIA BREAKS/NATURE WALK. I talked about this in THIS POST here, and it’s helped me out so much lately. Take a break from social media for a few hours at least, everyday. This will help you to live in the moment and not feel so drained from the “comparing train”. Save that energy to be with your family, and use that energy towards something more positive everyday. Like going on a walk with your family and living it at home, or going to the park and leaving it at home. Just leave it somewhere and be outside in nature. It feels so good to do so.
Go check out Hey Mama to see my full story, plus a work out video!