Now that I’ve hit 17 weeks, I think I’m onto back to eating normal & healthy. I quit dairy again and its helped so much with my zit problem, so I’m off the ramen train! I wanted to quickly share the things I’ve been eating during pregnancy. Everyday is a little different. I eat a lot and now that I’m working out, I need EVEN MORE. So I’m just going to walk through my day with you and give you some easy recipes to quickly throw together that are healthy for you and the baby!
First things first, I have a cup of coffee and froth my almond milk, sweet leaf peppermint sweet drops, cinnamon and a little peppermint mocha creamer. Normally I just have that and I’m off to the gym, but I can’t work out on an empty stomach during pregnancy. I’ll either eat a piece of toast with grassfed butter, or 1/2 cup oatmeal with peanut butter or nuts, and raspberries.
Ginger berry smoothie with 3 eggs and 2 yolks with 1/3 avocado!
Blend 1 cup water, handful of spinach, sliver of ginger, 1 cup frozen berries (I get mine at costco) & thats it! Super simple. I like to keep everything I make very easy, but healthy.
So after I usually wait at least 2 hours before eating the next thing, but it just really depends. Sometimes I’m onto the next thing an hour later. But in this case it was 2 hours later.
PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup water or more
- warm up for 1 min
- add in 1 tbsp peanut butter and mix around
- Top with raspberries
QUINOA EGG BOWL
I prep my quinoa every week, so I’ll do it for TJ and I for the whole week. I’ll make 2 cups with 4 cups chicken broth and cook in my Aroma Pot. That way I can throw in bowls very quickly all week long. Here is the recipe.
- 1/2 cup of Better Body Foods Quinoa
- Splash of Better Body Foods Avocado Oil
- Some pink salt
- 3 over easy eggs with 1 yolk
- 1/2 avocado
- Cook your eggs how you like. Add 1/2 cup quiona, avocado oil and pink salt to a bowl. Mix around. Then top with the eggs & avocado!
Now, before this I had a few bits of nuts, but I didn’t post that. This is a shake I just love!
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA PROTEIN SHAKE
- 2 scoops better body foods protein
- 1/2 banana
- 1 almond milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 5 ice cubes
BLEND IT ALL UP!
Before this dinner I had a piece of aspen mills wheat toast with grassfed butter! Gotta always keep something in my stomach at all times!
VEGGIE STIR FRY (MAKES FOR 2)
- 1 cup Better Body Foods cooked quinoa
- 1 zuchinni (cut up)
- 1 yellow squash (cut up)
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 tbsp Better Body Foods Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp amino acids or reduced sodium soy sauce
3 eggs, 1 yolk (over easy or how you prefer) & 1/3 avocado
- Heat up oil, and add onions. Cook until translucent on high.
- Add veggies and reduce heat to medium. Sautee then cover for a couple minutes, coming back to stir again. Do this until the veggies are cooked through.
- Add your cooked quinoa, then add soy sauce and let the quinoa heat up for a couple minutes. Mix around and dish!
- Top with your eggs and avocado!
Let me know if you have any questions! The whole purpose to share this post was to show you what kinds of things I’m eating now that I feel better and ready to eat all the good stuff. All of these recipes have killed my heartburn and acid reflux! I’m happy to report I have none! So hopefully this will give you an idea of what foods to help you with heartburn and just overall feeling better. I avoid dairy for the most part because thats what I noticed makes my acid reflux worse.
Hope you have a good day!