We all want to look and feel our best when we’re getting ready for vacation, or getting ready for an event. Both of which involves you in very little clothing.
So WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU NEED TO SLIM DOWN? I am talking that constant bloat we all have that keeps us from feeling comfortable in a bikini. I wanted to share with you some of my OWN tips that I do on myself when I am preparing for bikini time.
Here are 5 things you can do to say BYE BYE BLOAT.
- WORK OUT IN THE AM ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. (i drink coffee before still) I know it sounds awful but trust me on this. You’ll break into those fast cells FAST and burn those suckers out of here.
- FULL BODY HIIT WORK OUTS. I have a plan you can follow called LOVE HIIT BODY GUIDE” if some of you don’t have it, try it out. It’s a quick work out that involves high intensity interval training, so you are on constant mode of burning calories– all while toning up. Do this at least 4 days a week. (I like to do some sort of exercise everyday whether that is in the gym, or not)
- MORE CARDIO. I add on 20 minutes of stairs, or treadmill, or running outside on top of those HIIT work outs 3-4 days a week when I am trying to slim down real quick. I will do 1 minute on high, and 1 minute on low, for 20 minutes. I talk about “INTERVALS” here.
- EAT WELL. Stay away from processed and greasy foods, and most importantly DAIRY. I have been off dairy for 4 days and I can already tell a difference in my stomach. It’s FLAT FLAT FLAT. It’s nuts how bloated dairy can make you. I substitute it with coconut milk, almond milk, and plant based protein. If you’re going to have dairy, make sure it’s very little. So what do you need to eat? Lots of veggies, lots of protein. Protein from chicken, plant based protein, lean meats, and for carbs –eat whole grains, quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato. I did a post on “WHAT TO STAY AWAY FROM” here to give you more info. You can also download my 7 DAY MEAL PLAN, if you need something to follow. It does have dairy in it since when I made it, I ate dairy at the time, but you can easily take it out.
- FAB 4 SMOOTHIE– I drink right after I work out in the morning. Recipe is…
-1 cup water, 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla plant based protein, 1-2 tbsp all natural peanut butter, 1 tbsp chia seed, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 huge handful of greens (I use spinach & kale), a few ice cubes. BLEND!
Now, don’t expect this to taste like a delicious sugary chocolate smoothie. BUT it is so delicious AND nutritious. You’re getting your healthy fat, very very little sugar (if you can do without fruit you should!) fiber and greens. This helps me make better choices throughout the day and helps keep me feeling satisfied longer. This is because you aren’t getting that “hunger spike from sugar”. I have done it without sugar and it’s rough to get down. I found doing it with blueberries, I still don’t have the crash of hunger a couple hours later.
If you find yourself getting hungry soon after, add more protein, fiber and fat. Coconut oil, all natural peanut butter and almond butter are good sources of healthy fats.
6. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. I drink a gallon of water every day. Which also makes that skin nice and hydrated, so win win. AND NIGHT TEA. Guys this stuff is amazing, if you haven’t done my night tea yet you should try it! It basically has apple cider vinegar, chamomile tea and lemon. You could also do a detox tea with it, but I would recommend doing that only a few days prior to when you leave.
These are things I do STILL to this day. Of course I have my weeks where I cheat a little to much here and there. BUT sometimes you just gotta live, ya know? I am all about BALANCE. You guys know this about me. Feeling good all while having a balanced life of a cheeseburger here and there, and a green smoothie everyday.
OAKS OUTFIT- ALL ZARA
Have a great day! Going to head to get ready and sell more on my poshmark account today! Getting rid of a lot my clothes, so go check it out!