We all know when it’s time for a break, a release from motherhood, you time, girls night, or at least I know the signal that rings “GET OUT” haha. Whenever I’m starting to feel slightly like I’m going to lose my mind, and my patience runs thin, or I raise my voice at Oaks (which I feel bad for always) I KNOW it’s time for a break. By break I mean, alone time from it, getting away for even an hour. Something that makes you feel like you again. Don’t lose yourself in this motherhood “game”. You gotta take care of you. If you don’t take care of you, you will start to see a pattern of anger, annoyance, irritability etc… I know this because I’ve dealt with it a lot. Sometimes I feel guilty of wanting a break. But you gotta do it.
Guess what? It makes us a better mom, and then we can ACTUALLY live in the moment and ENJOY it. Not looking at the clock like “ugh I’ve only been playing with him for 10 mins” haha. You know what I mean. Motherhood is so exhausting. Here are some things I do that keep me SANE, and more calm and ready to TAKE ON MOTHERHOOD every day. Find a babysitter and do it for yourself.
- Go out & chat with a friend, or family member- someone who makes you feel better, and makes you feel like you again.
- Gym time- I like to mix up my routine. I don’t always love working out from home. Breaking away & getting into a different environment helps me feel human and normal in society haha.
- Go to Starbucks and read a book. I always like to read something that motivates me to do better, and self improvement books. A book that has changed my life is “THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A F*CK” & “THE WAR OF ART“. Or I will just go on my computer and get work done.
- Sister time- my sister is my best friend and soulmate haha. I can’t live without her. She inspires me to be a better person. She is an amazing person and I’m so grateful to have such a positive soul in my life!
- Go shopping- even if its grocery shopping! But do it by yourself!
Take time for yourself! Be nice to yourself, and be a little selfish from time to time. Because it really helps us to NOT be selfish when it comes to our kiddos. What do you moms do to break away everyday? Please share!
Have a great day!