First this top is A. the most comfortable, and B. Just so cute. It is also very light so perfect for Spring time. They just released TODAY, so grab it before it sales out. And hurry fast! They sell out so fast because they are amazing. Such good quality for a great price!
So, I wanted to talk to you about things I have been doing to help me have a better day as a new mom.
As a stay at home mom, we sometimes forget our identity, and feel as though we don’t have any self worth. At least that is how I have been feeling lately. I think that must be the feeling as a first time mom.
I feel like I have somewhat needed to start over when It comes to my personal life, work life and social life., or should I say adjust to my new life and find new things, and new ways to live and feel good about my daily habits.
These are things I have been doing, and some days it takes some SERIOUS self motivation if you know what I mean, plus if you work from home it’s even harder sometimes. BUT it makes the world of difference and makes you feel better as a mom, and a better mom at that.
So here are my 5 EASY ways to have a better day!
1. Make your bed. That easy. I know it sounds silly but it makes my house feel ten times cleaner, and it gets your day off to a good start.
2. Get dressed, and put a little make up on. Even if that means get out of your pajamas and into some work out gear aka yoga pants and cute top like this Evys Tree one. I love their sweaters because you can wear them out, or in, and be comfortable while doing it all. This is usually what you see me in everyday. Comfortable stretchy pants, and comfy top, some make up, and bun. It makes my mood so much better, and clears my mind for the day so I can get things done.
3. Hydrate and eat a healthy breakfast. I drink a full glass of water before I do anything in the morning. It makes me start out the day right, and makes me make healthier choices. Also, I eat a healthy breakfast. A lot of eggs, and whole wheat toast, or my Protein Pancakes.
4. Take 10-20 minutes and clean up around the house. I know I can’t focus with a messy house. I know us moms can’t full on deep clean unless our babies are napping, or just being good babes. But if you just take 10-20 minutes and just hurry and pick up around the house, put dishes in the dishwasher, wipe off counters, sweep floor, etc. You will feel better. I like to set a timer and hurry and run around getting it done. Because lets be honest, I don’t have a lot of time to spare and need it done fast. And it kinda makes it fun if you time yourself 🙂
5. Get out of the house. This means to even take a car ride! Just get out. It breaks up your day and gives you a little break. Since it’s getting warmer I plan to take a run every single morning, or afternoon in his running stroller.
What do you mommies do to help yourself have a better day? Please share!
As always thanks for reading! And have a good day!