If you want a little doughnut with all good ingredients then keep on reading! I created a little healthy doughnut that tastes amazing, grain free, healthy fats, low carb, refined sugar free, and guilt free. If you’re going to cheat, then cheat clean right?! But honestly, you can easily fit this in with your healthy diet and have it as a treat at night. It’s so delicious and also kid approved. I’m cutting out bad sugars again now that I’m wanting to shed the baby weight, but I’m doing it slowly and trying to keep it as healthy as possible, especially since I’m breast feeding. I still have to have my treats, you guys know this! BUT I’ll figure out a way to create a treat thats healthy and not going to set me off track.
If you’re into the keto diet then these are 100% for you! Made with the best from Better Body Foods. I used their coconut oil, agave and coconut flour.. Agave is a sweetener thats low glycemic. Coconut oil is going to keep you feeling satisfied longer and the agave won’t give you a sugar crash like refined sugars will. So here we go! Super easy to make btw, just the way I like things.
FIRST, you need to get these DOUGHNUT MOLDS to cook with, OR just use a greased muffin tin. I love those molds because they don’t stick and super easy to clean too. Plus they make it fun to bake with, especially for kiddos because you can trick them into thinking they’re the real thing ya know?
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Agave
- 1/3 Cup unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Enjoy life Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, mix soft coconut oil (heat up a little before if needed), eggs, agave and apple sauce. Mix until smooth. It may look a little chunky, but thats normal, it will smooth out in oven when its cooking.
- Add in coconut flour and baking soda, stir until mixed together.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Fill about two spoons up and place into each mold. Place in oven for 17-20 minutes.
- Makes about 12 doughnuts.
MACROS PER DOUGHNUT WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS
FAT: 12, CARBS: 5, PROTEIN: 5
Let me know if you try it! Would love to know your thoughts! Make sure to check out Better Body Foods products if you haven’t tried them yet! Its where I get my protein powders and all my cooking and baking essentials!