So here’s the thing, we all have a hard time getting ourselves to the gym everyday. We all make excuses of why we can’t. I know I do sometimes. “I have no time”, “I am to tired”, “I can’t afford it”. Blah, blah, blah.
I find myself making those excuses too. Also you don’t need a gym to get a work out in.
So here is some things I do that help keep me motivated to get going and work out!
1. Plan your day out with the Self Journal I did a post about, and MAKE SURE you schedule your work out in anytime within that day and Time block an hour of it into your day.
2. Set goals. Where would you like to be in a 1 month to a years time? When I set goals and give myself a timeline it’s a lot easier to keep motivated and excited about whats to come.
3. Stay consistent. If you stay consistent in working out, it will then become a habit. The best habit you can have!
4. Take progress photos. We are our biggest critics, so sometimes its hard to see the results. If you take weekly, to monthly photos whatever you want. You will be able to tell how much you have tightened up, and its SO incredibly motivating. It just pushes you even harder. You will be so shocked at how much you have changed.
5. Don’t get on the scale obsessively. Guys.. this one is completely changed my whole mindset. I used to get on the scale every. single. morning. NOT kidding. What a joke? YES.
I had body image issues just like everyone else. BUT now that I don’t do that AT ALL I am SO much happier.
Also, keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. So when you are toning up and losing weight you will actually look thinner, and might weigh a little more than you thought. So that goes back to taking progress photos! That will help you be able to see the difference.
Honestly, working out isn’t just about my body, and what I look like. Working out to me is therapeutic. It makes me a happier person. It helps my relationships and overall self esteem. It helps me be more mindful, and helps me be the BEST mom I can be. And that is the most important thing in the entire world to me.
What do you guys do to keep motivated?! I would love to hear what you all do!
Credits: Paige Nicolle Photography
Have a great weekend!